We are seeking a freelancer who is looking for a part-time, but long-term relationship with flexible hours. You can work remote/from home or at our studio, or a combination of home and studio. Applicants should have a strong interest in fashion, creativity and art. Applicants must have 5+ years experience in garment construction and finishing, must be able to work from a sample or sketch w/ instructions, a desire to learn new techniques, and are able to start immediately.
- Previous sewing and pressing experience on a wide variety of fabrics, preferred minimum of 3-5 years
- Experience with alterations
- Clear, professional communication with coworkers and customers
- The ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks and customer requests
- A willingness to learn, and safely operate sewing and pressing machinery
- Willingness to learn how to sew/work with feathers
- Knowledge of patternmaking a plus